Join a Chamber Committee
2016 COMMITTEE SIGN-UP FORM
OUR MEMBERS’ INVOLVEMENT MAKES THINGS HAPPEN
The involvement of representatives from many of the Chamber’s more than 775 member employers allows us to pursue and carry out an ambitious Program of Action focused on building a stronger economy and a healthier business climate and quality of life for the Lebanon Valley. Participation on a Chamber committee, task force or roundtable provides our members with the opportunity to work with some of the Lebanon Valley’s top business, professional and community leaders and gain valuable leadership, management and teamwork experience while working to develop programs and address issues of importance to our area’s business community.
We encourage you and/or members of your staff to become involved on one or more of the Chamber committees, roundtables or task forces listed below. Simply call the Chamber at (717) 273-3727 for further information or to volunteer, e-mail Chamber President Greg Buckler at firstname.lastname@example.org or indicate your committee preference(s) on the form below.
COMMITTEES & TASK FORCES
- AMBASSADORS COMMITTEE – Serves as an important communication link with current members and welcomes members and guests at Chamber events. Committee members participate in bi-monthly New Member Connect programs and assist in welcoming new businesses to the area.
- WOMEN IN BUSINESS COMMITTEE – Plans and organizes programs to foster the growth and development of women entrepreneurs and professionals in the Lebanon Valley.
- SUMMER EVENT COMMITTEE – Plans the Chamber’s annual Summer Picnic or similar event.
MEET AS NEEDED
- COMMUNICATIONS TASK FORCE – Works with the Chamber staff in developing and implementing strategies for enhancing the Chamber’s communications with its members and its visibility within the community.
- FARM–CITY COMMITTEE – Plans and organizes the annual Farm Tour program, Farm-City Job Exchanges, Farm-City Banquet and school tours to promote greater appreciation for the importance of both the agricultural and business communities in the Lebanon Valley.
- GOLF OUTING COMMITTEE – Plans, promotes and coordinates the Chamber’s annual Golf Outing & dinner
- MILITARY AFFAIRS COMMITTEE – Sponsors programs, including the annual Military Affairs Breakfast, to expand awareness of the importance of Fort Indiantown Gap and the Lebanon VA Medical Center to the Lebanon Valley’s economy.
- BUSINESS EXPO COMMITTEE - Plans and organizes the fall Business Expo.
- PATRIOT DAY CONCERT COMMITTEE – Plans the annual Patriot Day Concert on September 11th.
- PUBLIC POLICY COMMITTEE* – Develops and recommends policy positions on state and federal issues and legislation that significantly impact the Chamber’s members and our area’s business community.
*The size of several Chamber committees & task forces (Public Policy Committee and Local Issues Task Force) is limited, and appointments to these groups are made by the Chair of the Chamber’s Board of Directors, with input from those committees’ and task forces’ chairs and the Chamber President/CEO.
- SMALL BUSINESS ROUNDTABLE (Meets Monthly) – Offers a networking and educational meeting place for small businesses, including home-based businesses, that are members of the Chamber.
- COMMUNITY BENEFITS ROUNDTABLE (Meets Monthly) – Offers member non-profit organizations a vehicle for identifying and discussing organizational issues and challenges and enhancing the non-profit sector’s visibility to the business community.
- PUBLIC AFFAIRS ROUNDTABLE (Meets Monthly) – Provides a forum for Chamber members to discuss and obtain updates from key local, state and federal officials on current issues of importance to our area’s business community.
**Roundtables are open to all Lebanon Valley Chamber members who wish to attend.
2016 COMMITTEE SIGN-UP FORM
The Chamber encourages you to make the most of your membership by getting involved and volunteering to help, through one or more of our committees, task forces or roundtables, in developing some of the programs, services, policies and benefits that will add value to your Chamber membership for you, your business or organization and our other member employers
Your Chamber membership is a benefit that extends to all of your employees, and each of them is eligible to serve on Chamber committees, task forces or roundtables.