The Lebanon Valley is home to three educational institutions that serve the community’s growing workforce needs. Lebanon County Career and Technology Center (LCCTC), HACC Central Pennsylvania's Community College, and Lebanon Valley College (LVC) all have thriving workforce development departments that are able to provide quality training for your business.
Workforce Training Opportunities
- Daytime Adult Education — In addition to offering over 25 programs to the county’s high school students, those same programs and opportunities are available to our adult learners in the community. Each year, non-traditional students are eligible to enroll in any program that has not reached capacity. Applications are accepted each spring. Acceptance is based on program availability and enrollment date. Courses run August through June and many courses offer industry training certificates. Information is available at http://www.lcctc.edu/daytimeadulted/.
- Practical Nursing — Students learn the fundamentals, skills, and knowledge required to take and pass the NCLEX–PN examination to become Licensed Practical Nurses. In addition, students at LCCTC receive hands-on experience while participating in clinical rotations through various hospitals, clinics and other health-care facilities. For more information visit http://www.lcctc.edu/practicalnursing/.
- Customized Training Programs — LCCTC partners with local business and industry leaders to create customized, advanced, skills-training packages to meet your unique labor needs.
- Logistics — Get certified in one day! Each month the LCCTC offers this OSHA-compliant Forklift Operator Safety Training Program, which is designed with operator safety in mind. Registration information is available at www.lcctc.edu/shortterm.
- Automotive Technology – Bi-annually the LCCTC offers automotive safety inspection, emissions, and recertification training. Call for more information or to register.
Contact Person: Staci Stettler
Adult Education Coordinator
717-273-8551 x 2182
Workforce Training Opportunities
- Manufacturing: Industrial maintenance, AutoCAD, SolidWorks, electrical and electronics, welding, HVAC, programmable logic controllers (PLC), precision measuring, print reading, machining (including CNC), hydraulics, pneumatics, lean manufacturing, waste water treatment plant operator.
- Healthcare: Nurse Aide Training, Physician Office Assistant, Pharmacy Technician, Medical Billing and Coding
- Logistics: Forklift, Supply Chain Management
- Public Safety: Emergency Medical Service (EMS), Emergency Medical Technician (EMT), First Aid/ CPR
- Corporate Training: Customizable training for companies to match strategic vision and direction. For workers on the plant floor up to supervisors, managers, and other professionals within an organization, classes are available in management, leadership, communications, team building, and personal skills.
Contact Person: Susan Biggs, Director, Healthcare Education
Lebanon Valley College
The Professional Development Pathways program at Lebanon Valley College provides in-demand training solutions so businesses like yours can stay ahead of the challenges they face. Our approach is customized to your business — we teach your employees the skills they need to thrive in your industry and immediately apply what they learn to their roles.
Our core training programs are focused on business and personal development. With a wealth of qualified, corporate faculty who are subject matter experts in their fields, we can also design a customized learning program where your area can benefit most.
Contact us to schedule a complimentary training consultation. We look forward to the conversation!
Business Management Essentials
Contact: Beth Romanski
Director of Professional Studies